- Go to your local farm store and pick up a bag of soybeans and a few five-gallon buckets.
- Go home and fill those buckets half way up with dried beans and fill the other half with water.
- Put lids on all the buckets and cut holes in the top to vent them. Set them out in the sun and heat to soak and ferment. (If you don’t vent the bucket, the lid will likely pop off – even blow off – in warm temperatures.)
- Any extra “flavor” that is added to the beans can make it more attractive. Flies, insects and other larvae that will find their way in through the vents are welcome guests.
- After the buckets have sat, fermented and are good and smelly, it’s time to get them to the water.
- Load them on your boat and using your depth finder, locate a good spot 8-15 feet deep. The best locations are generally next to the channel that runs through the lake you are fishing.
- Find an area with a good number of trees and tie your boat up there. Make a note of the exact location you are tied off as this is the specific place you’ll want to tie up on in the future. Don’t vary your location or you won’t be right on top of your established bean hole.
- For the first time, CatDaddy calls this the “Mega Dump”. He dumps 12 to 15, five-gallon buckets into the water. He then leaves and lets it sit.
- Two to three days later, he goes back with another five-gallon bucket and this time he just spoons a few beans into the water to get the catfish stirring. Then, CatDaddy fishes the bean hole using a good and smelly dip bait, dropping it straight down or just a little past the beans.
- Each time you head back out to fish, take some beans along to spoon into the water. They’ll heat up the action and make for a fun day on the water, catching lots of cats.
Note: This is an all-natural bait, it’s just soybeans. No plastics or contaminants are introduced into the water and CatDaddy uses this technique in accordance with all Kansas laws and regulations.
You can establish your very own “Bean Highway Hotel” or experience the explosive bean hole fishing action on a trip with CatDaddy. Listen in for great tips on how to take advantage of this timely technique.
The stinkier the better,