Hunting the "UFO Capital" of Roswell, New Mexico.
- Dove hunting this "alien" territory and shooting hundreds of doves.
- Bulk of the doves shot were Eurasian collared doves, not traditional mourning doves.
- Eurasian collared doves are at least half again as big as mourning doves and there is no season or limit on them.
- Also shot a mess of pigeons in Roswell. Not your typical garbage eating city pigeons, these feed on silage and taste great.
- Making smoked pigeon street tacos from the bounty of their harvest and changing the minds of pigeon eating skeptics.
Chachalacas at the border.
- There are four counties in the Rio Grande Valley in Texas where a person can hunt Chachalaca.
- Scott heads to McAllen, Texas near the border wall to see if he can find, shoot and cook Chachalaca - also known as "Mexican Street Pheasants".
Swamp cruising in Florida for snipe and hogs.
- In what seems like an out of the box breed for a bird dog, Scott hunts snipe with a pit bull.
- Traveling in a giant swamp buggy, the pit bull finds and flushes snipe which are marshy birds with long bills.
- Scott highlights his personal connection to snipe as he talks about the species being the first game bird he shot as a kid.
- While in Florida, you might as well shoot hogs, too. Making this hog hunt unique was the location. Scott talks about hunting hogs in sugar cane fields and how that diet changes the flavor of the meat.
Axis Deer in Molokai, Hawaii.
- The island has a relatively small human population but an exploding axis deer population.
- A 2-year drought has made the ground barren and left very little vegetation to feed all of those deer.
- Scott tags along with a local man and a USDA inspector as they head out to turn the axis deer population liability into an edible asset by hunting, processing and selling the axis deer meat.
- Hunters can come to the island for a great hunt, experience the non-resort side of Hawaii, and leave with a giant cooler full of axis deer meat.
Lesser known Alaskan adventures and eats.
- Scott skips the classic elbow to elbow fly fishing of the Kenai and opts instead for some of the less eaten critters there.
- Octopus sausage is certainly an outside-the-box eating experience and he talks about the fishing charter and their chef who served up the surprisingly delicious dish.
- Dogfish are generally a nuisance species that tend to twist up your line when you're trying to catch other fish. Although very easily found, most people don't eat them. However, Scott isn't most people and he says dogfish are as delicious as they are annoying.
- Although they aren't a lesser eaten species, if you're in Alaska why not do a little halibut fishing? Scott landed a fantastic 134-pound halibut, but it wasn't the size, but rather the circumstances leading up to the great catch that will make it very memorable adventure for Scott.
Watch the all-new, 5th season, of "Dead Meat" with Scott Leysath airing Saturdays at 12:30 p.m. ET on Sportsman Channel. If you want to catch up on the first four seasons, you can stream those episodes anytime with the MyOutdoorTV app - check it out!